Friday 4 July 2008

Hello again.

Firstly sorry if I haven't added you to the SBS bar or if I haven't dropped by to say hello, courtesy of hubby and children I have a chest infection. I got some great news from my rheumatologist yesterday the awful pain in my elbow is not as I feared arthritis it's where I over compensate for my right side. I tend to avoid putting my right shoulder under stress as it triggers a huge fibro flare. I do have swelling in the joint but as far as the doc can see it's not unfixable with rest.
My workshop is in chaos at the moment, I found a post on my local freecycle group an architecht's office was moving and was offering all the furnature. I got a fab set of drawers made for blueprints etc. Ideal for the larger papers,card and some stamps. I am waiting to rearrange the place as soon as this infection abates a little.
I have to say I am somewhat daunted visiting my fellow sisters pages, I am no where near all of your standards. I craft on a very very tight budget and don't even have many of the basic tools. I mainly rely on bits and bobs I recycle and printable images but even then it's a matter of getting ink (a continuous ink feed system is priority on my wish list). I use what stamps I do have and adore experimenting with them, I was going to remove the wooden blocks from them and use rocka blocks for storage reasons, but that is on hold until I get the blocks lol. I am hoping from being a part of SBS I will learn loads and make some great friends.
I am off to watch it's a wonderful life remastered in colour no less now, in case I forgot to mention it I am a christmas a holic.....Watch this space for the festive season we are notorious for our decorations.

Rachel

8 comments:

Carol said...

Hi

Sorry you've got a chest infection - hope it clears soon

Well done on grabbing the furniture, sounds great I'm supposed to have a budget!!
I get crafting goodies for birthday and Christmas so know where you are comming from and although I have got papers many are for touching and ahhing!!

We now have 20 sisters so hopefully we'll be official soon!!

Take Care
Carol

Leona said...

Hi Rachel,

giving you hugs and hoping you get better soon i know how u feel i suffer with them, only just getting back to normal with the hayfever and chest infections, then now i have asthma which is seasonal though lol so im told even though it feels all year round.....

as for your stash i didnt have a lot at the start and like carol says papers are for touv=ching lol, i tend to go on uks and there is always a sale on in one of the sponsers so i get a lot of stash for my cash, right now scrapfairies has a half price offer on as she is restructuring pop over there....

TC L x

Phree said...

Sorry to hear you are not well, hope the chest infection clears soon. Those draws sound like a great buy, well done for grabing a bargain.

I imagine we all craft on a budget, I know I do, problem is sometimes I go over budget.. we eat beans for the rest of the month when that happens ;)

PixieHouse Creations said...

Hi Hun
sorry to hear you got a chest infection,nasty hey..im on a budget as both me and my oh are home on long term sick,so know where your coming from,but if i can help you stamping you out any images just shout ok
big hugs get well soon
Wendy xx

Chrissie said...

I hope you start to feel better very soon Rachel. I craft on a budget too as DH and I are both retired now, like Wendy says you could always ask if anyone wanted to do an image swap with you, it's a great way of adding to your stamped image collection.

Crafting Queen said...

HI Rachel, thanks for the introduction. Sorry to hear you are not well, get better soon.
Look forward to getting to know you better and to seeing your work.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
So much to do before our move in a few weeks and we are having people over today so more work!
Have a great day.

Jodi said...

I hope you're feeling better by now.

Fiona said...

Hi Rachel - sorry to hear you're poorly. Can I just ask you on the SBS sisters list you've done to link my blog www.magickdiva.blogspot.com - not my blog profile as that is showing me not having blogged for 10 months which is not quite right! LOL! Thanks Fiona