Wednesday 2 July 2008

Sisterhood 20 of blogging stampers.

Well here goes, my bit about me for the sisterhood. I appologise in advance if I ramble and
understand if you fall asleep before the end.
My name is Rachel, I am mam to four amazing kids ranging from 22 to 11. I used to work in small animal
rescue and still do take in the occasional one or two now. I had to give it up due to Fibromyalgia.
I have been married to Chris for fourteen years. I have two dogs, morgan a cavalier king charles and suki
a shitzu with a skin issue, Xander is a black and white kitten and Tonks is my familiar also a kitten
and is a lovely dark mottled tortoise shell. Nero is a year and a half foriegn exotic and is a rescue.
I have yet to find "my" specility in crafting as I have waited a few years for the room to use my
stash in comfort, it used to be too much for me to get all my stash out then rush to put it away
to feed the children. I now have a craft workshop in my garden,it's small but it's mine and I can
create in freedom. I am hoping to one day be as great as Jane Nestorenko at stamping and love
Joanna Sheen's work.
I don't know how the sisterhood works to be truthful but it looked fun and I guessed it would be good
to have some HONEST opinions about my cards when I get started in earnest. I am always asking
questions about crafting and may possibly be annoying for doing so, but if ou don't ask you will
never find out is my motto. I am currently ona mission to get a way to use my perlex mica powders
as I can't find gum arabic locally or for a reasonable P&P. I usually craft on a very tight budget
and make use of many odd things I come across.
I shall finish this essay saying, I am also considered a wicca and have been told I am a cetic ethnic
witch, I live by the law of three and contrary to popular belief some of us still abide by god's law
too. Not all of us live life only by the pagan ways some of us especially Celtic Ethnic take the good parts
of varied religions and the ways of nature and vow to do no harm to others, what you give out
returns threefold.
I am so look forward to getting to know you all.
Rachel

19 comments:

Chrissie said...

Hi Rachel,
I'm looking forward to having you as a "sister" on SBS

Jodi said...

Hi Rachel, love your ramble!

Rainbow Lady said...

Hi Rachel nice to see you as a new sister.
Please enter my challenges when you have chance. Love Cynthia x

Beryl said...

Hi Rachel,
I had a grin when I read your intro. I told a friend this morning, in jest of course, that I thought I had been invited to join a coven. Are you going to prove me right I wonder? I'm like you in that I thinks it's better to ask than to wonder and I think we'll get shed loads of experience to draw on from this group.
Beryl xx

Janette said...

Hi Rachel,

as a mam...where do you come from...sounds like Wales somewhere maybe ??
It will be great to get to know many more *sisters* in this group 20
Hugs
Janette

Phree said...

Hi there, I am another of the sisters in SBS 20. You are right about asking questions, one of my favorite chinese sayings is "he how asks a question looks a fool for 5 minute, he who does not ask looks a fool forever"....or at least it's supposed to be one of those wise chinese sayings, but whatever it's origin there is truth in it.

Lavender Rose said...

Hi Rachel, my name is Denise and I just joined SBS group 20, looking forward to seeing more of your work :) I see you are an animal lover...me too!

PixieHouse Creations said...

Hi Racheal im Wendy another sister,great to be joining the group and see all your fab work
Wendy x

Fiona said...

Hi Rachel - looking forward to getting to know you - Welsh and a fellow Witch - we were made to meet!

Carol said...

Afternoon Rachel,

Should have 14 SBS now (not including yourself!!).
Unfortunately I've used your names rather than blog names .... my list is up to date so if you click the names you can check where your up to .... if not get back to me and we'll work something out lol

Have you tried these sites for help with pearl ex

http://www.jacquardproducts.com/products/pearlex/

http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/tips/pearl-ex-powders.html

HTH
TC
Carol

Carol said...

M e again here are the links missing SBS 20 SSITERS!

ANN

http://craftblogspiritofcreativity.blogspot.com/

BERYL

http://wlpandivascraft.blogspot.com/


CHRISSIE

http://chrissiescreations.blogspot.com/


FIONA

HAS SEVERAL

http://www.blogger.com/profile/01582604843186179219

JANETTE

http://cardsandchat.blogspot.com/


NO NAME YET!!

http://lavenderosecraft.blogspot.com/

LEONE

http://sweet-scrappings.blogspot.com/

WENDY

http://pixiehousedesigns-craftypixie.blogspot.com/


All up to date

HTH
Carol

Loopy said...

Your a star Carol cheers.

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Hey Rachel,

I'm one of your sisters, and I love your rambling. You sound like you have a lot of things going on at one time. Can't wait to get to know you

Jacqueline aka TresBella
SBS #20

Carol said...

Hi Loopy

Jenny has jut joined her blog is here

http://craftheaven.blogspot.com/

HTH
TC
Carol

Leona said...

Hi rachel,,, fellow sbs sistah here hope ur well tc L x

Ann Whitfield said...

Hi Rachel I thought I'd been along to leave a message for you but now I'm not sure - if I have, please forgive me! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and hope you're feeling a bit better by the time you read this
Ann x

Nikki said...

Hi there SBS 20 sister,

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Your blog is now linked on my page.

Chat soon,

Nikki x

Janette said...

Hi Rachel,

I am one of your new 20 sisters.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone
Hugs
Janette

Sam Woodruff said...

Hi Rachel SamSBS20 finally getting back at you. Love your rambling, ask as many questions as you want.
Hugs Sam